To communicate latest development and achievement to our valued stakeholders, the Architectural Services Department (ArchSD) of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region has produced 15 reports in total. Keep Going Green is our tenth annual Sustainability Report, elaborating our performance on economic, environmental and social aspects in 2012.
We wish this report could provide an opportunity not only to demonstrate our last year achievement with your support, but also to ensure you of our commitment to serving better in the future with continuous efforts and improvement in sustainability.
The Sustainability Report 2013 ("the Report") highlights our major activities and achievements on sustainable development from 1 January to 31 December 2012. There was no significant change in our operational size, structure, ownership and supply chain during the year.
Data in the Report are presented as absolute figures as of 31 December 2012 (unless otherwise stated) to the best of our knowledge. The Report covers the performance data of our six functional branches and two Central Management Divisions. Financial data are reported for the financial year ended 31 March 2013. All monetary values are in Hong Kong Dollars.
The Report was prepared in accordance with the Core requirements of the latest version of the Sustainability Reporting Guidelines, G4, published by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) in May 2013, as well as the Environmental Protection Department (EPD)'s A Guide to Environmental Reporting for Controlling Officers.
The GRI Content Index correlates GRI indicators with associated sections in the Report. An independent third-party assurance has been employed to verify the materiality, credibility and reliability of this Report and ensure its attainments to the Core requirements of GRI G4 Guidelines. We are pleased to be the first government department in Hong Kong to publish our sustainability report in accordance with the GRI G4 Guidelines.
Note to Reader
This Report is published online in web-based interactive html version, PDF version and text-only versions, available in three languages (English, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese). The interface has been prepared in accordance with the Level AA of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. In addition, the report can also be viewed by tablet computers.
The readability and accessibility of the Report are enhanced by the following features:
- On-screen font size setting provides more comfortable reading options for various users;
- Picture Enlargement function presents larger and clear photo images, graphics and charts to readers;
- Text-only version allows readers using assistive tools for web browsing;
- Search function facilitates readers to locate any specific interested sections or information efficiently;
- "My Report" function enables readers to temporarily store any selected section(s) for consolidation and printing;
- "Data Summary" section furnished readers with a quick review of our performance on various key indicators; and
- "Glossary" section provides technical definitions of the technical terms using in or relevant to this report.