Project Quality Management
We are committed to provide quality services to our clients on the buildings and the associated services for public facilities that are either funded or owned by the Hong Kong SAR Government. Working together with our supply chain partners, we endeavuor to develop and uphold buildings with the latest technology and a high level of performance for the benefit of the general public, the prosperity of the city, as well as the protection of the environment.
Building Environmental Assessment Method (BEAM) Certification
Certifications based on BEAM or BEAM Plus assessment provide local recognition to buildings that use lesser energy, water and materials as well as lower carbon footprint than traditional structures. We have participated in the BEAM assessment since 1996. Up to the end of 2012, ArchSD has obtained certifications in 30 government buildings.
In 2012, ArchSD has 15 projects submitted for BEAM or BEAM Plus Assessment (5 projects awarded highest rating).
|HK-BEAM Version||Rating||No. of Building / Project|
|Version 1/96R & 2/96||Excellent||11|
Green Contractor Award
Managing many local construction projects, we attempt excellence in quality building and environmental performance in our construction sites. We also encourage contractors to think and work "green" when carrying out daily operations. In order to recognise contractors which have demonstrated excellent and continual improvement in their environmental performance, we have established the annual "Green Contractor Award Scheme" and Year 2012 marked the twelfth year of the Scheme.
All our projects under construction during the year, including maintenance projects with contract sums exceeding HK$30 millions, are eligible to participating in the Scheme. Contractors of those projects that have achieved top scores for their environmental performance will be granted the Green Contractor Award.
The following sections highlight the sustainable measures implemented by the recipients of the Green Contractor Award 2012.
Air Quality Control
Waste Reduction and Management
Solid wastes are reused or recycled on site whenever feasible. For example:
- Waste separation to assist recycling or reuse;
- Plastic waste collected on-site and pelletized into reusable raw material through "Plastic Resources Acquisition Partnership Scheme";
- Use floor decking made of recycled plastic materials;
- Timber reuse for other construction sites;
- Broken traffic cone reuse as umbrella stand;
- Metal fence reuse from previous projects;
- Used fence sent to different sites for reuse;
- Banner reuse for beautification of site office;
- Reuse excavated materials for backfilling;
- Steel bars are to be recycled;
- Wooden pallets are to be reused as far as possible;
- Use Forest Steward Council (FSC) certified timber;
- The used FSC certified timber materials were to be reused on site; and
- Use FSC certified paper.
- Paperless meeting;
- Recycling of red packets;
- Waste paper and cartridges recycled;
- Electronic site inspection; and
- Electronic tool management system.
In-house Environmental Programmes
In-house Environmental Programmes were established to promote environmental awareness such as:
- Green and Caring Site Commitment and Award Scheme;
- Induction Trainings and Toolbox Talks;
- Chemical Spill Training and Drill;
- Play videos about environmental protection at rest area in site;
- Publish newsletters to residents outlining construction activities and pollution abatement measures;
- Provision of recognition to best performers on environmental performance; and
- Encourage staff involvement in community services on environmental protection issues.
Client Satisfaction Survey
In order to collect clients' feedback on our deliverables, ArchSD carries out Client Satisfaction Survey periodically. By setting clear targets and analysing actual results, we can benchmark our performance to assist the Department in improving service quality continuously.
|100% of the completed projects to achieve Satisfied Level or above on the overall performance||Fully achieved (100%)|
|100% compliance with the target to enhance the communication with client by: a) replying within 2 months after the survey to follow up with the observations raised during the survey; b) informing client within 1 month after the final completion of all follow-up actions||Fully achieved (100%)|
|98% of works audited to achieve Satisfied Level or above on the overall performance||Fully achieved (99.6%)|
For any comments or suggestions received through the Client Satisfaction Survey and other channels, we will keep proper records and follow up after internal review.